We have a rule in our house that our kids are not allowed to see the movie unless they read the book. It's been great lately to have so many movies made from children's books. It's been a wonderful motivator. The latest of my kids to catch the reading bug is Tabitha. She read the Spiderwick series in order to go to the movie and now she is always on the lookout for a good book. Currently she is reading Fablehaven.Since this was her first real book-to-movie adventure, I promised that she and I would go by ourselves. What a treat! She filled me in during the movie about all the characters in her (not so) "quiet" voice, and chatted with all the employees with her purse around her arm. And to top it off, she instigated the discussion of how the book was different than the movie. She was full of opinions and decided that the book was better. Yeah!
3 years ago

3 comments:
I've never known Tabitha to be short on conversation. She would be awesome to see a movie with!
So cute...I love that idea about having to read the book first.
We loved Spiderwick Chronicles and the Fablehaven series thus far. Another book, soon to be movie, we enjoyed was Inkheart. Sounds like you had a great time!
Post a Comment