Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Grapefruit Diet

So, Sydney said to me TWO days ago, "Mom, with our company coming, we probably should get some food in the house." Her very polite way of saying that our house is completely bare. The poor thing has taken snap peas and applesauce in her school lunches for over a week. I can actually see every shelf and vegetable drawer bottom in BOTH fridges. If you know my fridge, that is rare. Despite the food shortage, we've eaten pretty well. It's been fun to make good use of what I have on hand. Today the girls had this for their after school snack:

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my heavens. My kids would die of healthiness at your house. Snap peas for lunch? You are amazing.

Collette said...

Why do you think I was feeling bad for her? She did have a sandwich to go with it, but still.

Andrea said...

funny - I was just going to make a comment about "who takes snap peas in their school lunch" when I read Rachel's comment. : ) Sandwich or not - snap peas is an amazing choice for any child. You go Sydney!!