Friday, March 7, 2008

Mother-Son Bonding a.k.a. Fighter Jet 101

So Uncle Troy said Ethan is "coming of age and needs his own Legos". I grew up spending entire summers in my basement creating Lego houses, so this last week has been a treat for me. I've now decided that you need a PhD in Physics to design Lego products. Lucky for us, the instructions (all 117 of them) were phenomenal. Ethan could understand them about 80% of the time, which I found impressive.
My job was to take the parts out of the bag and his was to "read" the instructions and put them together. He stuck with me until the home stretch, where he got caught up in a certain wing piece that he was waiting to place. Ethan's only request was that we get a remote control for it and we take it Cooper's house. Well, getting 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok as I am reading this I heard the lego bucket dumped out on the floor. Kinda crazy!

Andrea said...

We would love to see the fighter jet! Cooper is really enjoying his legos lately. He really hasn't been into them much until about Christmas time. Fun stuff.

Collette said...

Yeah, I would LOVE to bring it over. However, when I was upstairs blow drying my hair about 30 minutes later, Ethan destroyed it. Apparently, he was yelling to me to help him with something and because I didn't come he got upset and tore it apart. At least we have the memories of making it. . .

Tiffany said...

You mean you don't use special lego glue to hold it together forever like mom always did with puzzles growing up? (Seriously, who does that?!)