Whenever I take Ethan out in public, he somehow finds his way into a conversation with the closest stranger. Every once in a while, some people are totally annoyed -- they look for the off switch. Most of the time they think he's adorable. Yesterday we gave the bank teller a shock. After she listened to him attempting to finagle the 25-cent candy from me instead of the free sucker (he lost that one), I guess she thought he was worthy of conversation, so she actually initiated one with him:
Bank Teller: "Hi. How old are you? Are you five?"
Ethan: "Four. Actually four and a half."
Bank Teller: "Oh, wow. Four and a half."
Proud mom's thoughts: "She must think he's smart for his age."
Ethan: "Guess what. I have a club."
Proud mom's thoughts: "I do love that he's comfortable talking to anyone, but does he have to tell stories everywhere we go?"
Bank Teller: "Oh, that's great. What do you do in your club?"
Ethan: "We make Lucky Soup. It's for kids that are lucky."
Proud mom's thoughts: "Doesn't he have a great imagination?"
Bank Teller: "Is that so?"
Ethan: "Yeah. It looks like throw-up."
Proud mom's thoughts: "That's my boy! Now let's get outta here!"
1 week ago

4 comments:
I was very fortunate to have a conversation about Lucky Soup with Ethan just the other day. He never told me looked like throw-up. I'm so glad he left that detail out!
Ohmygosh - I am laughing so hard! How hysterical is that? I love it!
Kids are so funny...
I can hear it now...
I have never wanted to be so unlucky in my entire life!
Post a Comment