Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cool Mom

Attempting to snag the role of "Coolest Mom in the World", I took Sydney and friends to the American Idol concert. It was great to see the teenage version of my daughter scream at the top of her lungs like a little groupie. But let's be honest, here's the real reason I was willing to pay the big bucks:

I do so love David Cook. And Archie did a good job too. He chose the perfect songs to sing live, including Apologize, which I was so hoping he would sing. He was very good live, as was Michael Johns. But with the exception of one song each by Brooke and Jason, the rest I could have done without. And being married to a video producer, all I could do was critique the production quality of the show. They certainly had the "B" team working on this one. The cameramen apparently were told that they were filming The Office, since there was not one steady operator in the bunch - they did just a tad better than mine above. And I could have done without the echoing. U2's flawless and emotional performances truly have spoiled me. I promise I did enjoy it though - especially being able to go with Syd. I mean, just look at their jubilant faces:

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You are waaaay too cool for me. The Office comment is hilarious!

Arizona Arnolds said...

WoW! We would loved to have seen David Cook in real life.
Katie and I could have kept up the screaming with Sydney I think. Unfortunately, we were in Kansas City while he was on tour. Where's the justice?