Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Evidence

My awesome mom stayed with the kids (and Marshall) while I was at girls' camp. As I walked into the kitchen a few things immediately caught my attention. She had left the night before, but I knew she had been here. She had left her mark.

Item #1: Recipes stuffed in obscure places. I'm sure Marsh enjoyed her cooking!Item #2: Paper towel in the cupboard above the stove. My mom is an obsessive stove cleaner. She always has a paper towel next to the stove cleaner and the razor blade, ready for action.Item #3: Frozen dates. I know this seems odd, but I had dates in my pantry that would have gone bad had she not frozen them. Thanks!Item #4: This is where it gets good! Homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies in the freezer. (She even sent some up to camp with Syd for me.) And, yes, I am 35.Item #5: Organized spice cupboard. This was a TOTAL MESS. One of the things I was "going to get to" this summer. Now I don't have to. YEAH!Item #6: MY FAVORITE: Defrosted freezer. This was certainly overdue. And I don't think I've ever organized it this well before.I'm so glad she feels right at home! She certainly blessed our lives in many ways this week! THANKS MOM!!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a dream. When can she come and visit?

sarah said...

Do you share your PB Choc Chip cookie receipe?? I need a new cookie treat!

Andrea said...

She is amazing. You ought to hire her out -- I'd pay good money for her to hang out here!