I feel completely liberated. It was one of my summer goals to learn how to grill chicken. And thanks to Marie teaching me, I finally know how. Here is just one of the many recipes I haven't ever been able to make because I was always afraid of the grill and ruining my chicken. It's so yummy and it's great for sneaking avocados to your kids.
Best Chicken Pasta Salad
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup A-1 Steak Sauce
1 12 oz. package fusilli pasta
2 tsp. chicken bouillon
1 Vidalia onion, diced
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 cup buttermilk ranch dressing (powder mixed w/ mayo & buttermilk)
Marinate chicken in steak sauce for 15 to 60 minutes. Grill and chop into bite-size pieces. Boil pasta in water and chicken bouillon. Drain and rinse in cold water. In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix in salad dressing. Cover and chill. It's even better the next day after the flavors have mixed. Just maybe add the avocado when you serve it to avoid browning.
Rhonda and I made this for Julene Cooney's baby shower about a zillion years ago (I believe Mike actually grilled it) and I've wanted to make it ever since, but have never been able to until Marie taught me how to grill chicken (Fred's way). For those of you who have grillaphobia, this is a fullproof method:
1 week ago

1 comment:
I had no idea you had grillaphobia.
Glad Marie came to your rescue!
Post a Comment