Sunday, September 7, 2008

30 Is the New 20 (and 16)

What do you do for a friend who doesn't fess up to having a birthday? TP her house!! So here's a bunch of "old" ladies reliving the good ol' days. And, yes, my sign is upside down. It was dark, okay?Story: There's a couple of us in the neighborhood who have had birthdays recently. So, last Friday Kristin H. was kind enough to have everyone over for a little neighborhood luncheon to celebrate. While we were all there, it came out that 2 more of us had birthdays within the same time frame, so we celebrated for 4 instead of 2. We had a great lunch as we got to know some of our new neighbors.

When our church newsletter was sent via e-mail later that day, we discovered that another neighbor, Lara, who was there, has a birthday on Monday and didn't say anything at lunch. So I've been thinking the last 48 hours how to get her back. If we have to suffer through having our birthdays recognized, then she should too. Jana (of course) suggests that we TP her house. BRILLIANT.So, we meet at Jana's house at the late hour of 9:30. Kristen J, who comes dressed in a hoodie, is armed with newspapers to shred. As the shredding begins, we are all commenting on how we haven't done this since HIGH SCHOOL. This seems like eons ago for this group, with the exception of Kristen J and Jana's girls, who I believe are the only ones under 30.We snuck across the street to Lara's house as quietly as we could in flip flops, and the fun ensued. It wasn't as scary as I remember it being, but then again, the only nark in the neighborhood goes to bed at 8 p.m. and a member of the HOA Board came along to photograph.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is hilarious. And man, I'm missing out not living over there. Good thing we moved...or the neighborhood cop may have made it scarier...LOL

Courtney said...

So fun! I think my favorite part is that you are wearing a skirt. Who wears a skirt to go TPing?

Andrea said...

Soooooo fun!! I'm copying a couple of these to my blog. It was to good to not document. I feel young and alive again! When's the next run???

Tiffany said...

This is hilarious! Did you guys drive thru Taco Bell for late night food afterwards?

lilivand said...

Too fun - I remember the days! I love the pictures. You are lucky (and deserve them) to have such fun wonderful friends.