Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Million Degrees Below Zero

When we first arrived in D.C., we immediately wanted to move there. It was so gorgeous, even in late fall. And I was loving driving on the beautiful, winding freeways and roads. Here's what it looked like from my point of view:We began to think about how it could all work. . .until we woke up the next morning. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE been so cold. It wouldn't have been so bad, if it hadn't of been so WINDY!! Good thing I had made a last minute trip to Old Navy & Costco the night before we left for some warmer clothes.Waiting to tour Washington Monument

In front of the Capitol Building

The Supreme Court Building

In front of the Capitol Building

Washington, D.C. Temple

And, of course, we heard all week how warm it had been just the week before. On Sunday, we were babies about it - complaining every time we walked outside. By the end of the week, we didn't even think twice about the weather, even when little snowflakes fell around us.

1 comment:

lilivand said...

I loved reading through your experiences. I love Washington D.C. Right now Elizabeth and I are studying about the founding of our country, the Revolutionary War and the Constitution. How inspired those men were. It is so sad that we are moving away from a God centered government. Those men risked their lives so we could have the freedoms we have today. I am so glad you had the opportunity to be there.