Friday, July 17, 2009

Ellie Belle

I woke up early Thursday morning to read, only to find myself asleep on the couch as Ellie and the boys were getting up. Sweet Ellie immediately jumped into action, making scrambled eggs for Ethan and Dyl, allowing me a few extra minutes of zzzzs.

This took me back to a particular half-day last year, when I had kept her home to babysit. When I got home, she informed me that the TV had not been on, that they had played Bingo and Hide-and-go-Seek, made smoothies, and colored these little guys.I truly love to be shown up by my children. I know I should have guilt thinking that I should be as good, but I don't. I'm just grateful they have each other and get to enjoy those moments of serving each other. I can't think of a better reward than to have my children be better parents than I am.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

oh so true. loved this!