Forts are a big thing in our house. Yesterday the fort turned into a Haunted House. It was small but very effective. They all lined up, but the only one who would brave going through was Dylan (of course).
There was a glowing skull at one end, a giant spider attached to fishing line on the other, skeleton parts strewn about, and blinking bats throughout the whole thing. When Dyl went through the girls made spooky noises through the cracks in the cushions. Here is Ellie making the spider bob up and down:
This picture doesn't do it justice because the flash on the camera makes it appear light under there. It was actually quite dark and a bit spooky.
The first time Dylan went through I just about died laughing. He was truly afraid of the spider. He kept glaring at it with a mean face, and then as soon as he felt brave enough, bolted around it and out so fast he about knocked me over. So on the second go round, he took in reinforcements:
Before I saw Dylan approaching the spider, this skeleton arm peered around the corner and start attacking the spider. When he got closer he also used his own hand to defeat the spider. He still got out of there as fast as he could, but this time he emerged victorious.
3 years ago

3 comments:
how fun! i love the pics and how creative your kids are. i love the reinforcement taken in too! cute.
lindsay is getting really excited for tonight! thanks again for taking her and for picking up the girls tomorrow for krispy kreme.
Can I move in to your house. You guys are so fun. Atleast you started up your blog again, so I can read about it all.
yeah, we'll be moving in for the remainder of the summer. so fun. and I could just squeeze Dylan to pieces!
Post a Comment