So Dylan decided that he didn't want the very breakfast he had begged for. He even threw it on the ground. No matter. You'll just go without like the rest of us. That seemed to suit him just fine. So without he went. Oh, and church was fun. But before your start to feel sorry for him, you must know that he had 3 pieces of sacrament bread - proudly. And he has absolutely no quiet volume - everything is in THX Surround Sound. In the past he has sung "Happy Birthday" to me using puzzle pieces as the cake, insisting I blow out the "candles" and fought me with his Kung Fu Panda action figure. At the peak of his naughtiness yesterday, he said he wanted to tell me a secret. Usually he just moves his mouth in front of my ear - nothing comes out. Not today.
And then, as I was carting him out to sit in the eternal time out, he's laughing hysterically and shouting, "That was SO funny, Mom! That was SO funny!" I'm just glad we were at the front so I could quickly exit with my back to the rest of the congregation so they couldn't see my face contorting from trying not to laugh. I think real tears squeezed out.

2 comments:
I saw the exit. I heard him laughing. I was smiling.
I totally missed all of that! Probably because I was dealing with Addison who was screaming and throwing things! You are definitely NOT alone! I just keep reminding myself what Pres. Monson said, "They have these huge spirits that are cramped into their tiny bodies, and sometimes they revolting because they wish they had more room." :-)
Post a Comment