This book is one of my favorite childhood memories. For those of you who haven't read it, when 5 little puppies go out into the wide, wide world, they are always losing the poky little puppy who gets sidetracked with something. The last time, it's a strawberry at the bottom of the hill. This was the first image that popped into my head when, after searching for my sweet little Dylan, we found him squatting in our strawberry patch, plucking the "not quite ripe yet" strawberries and eating them, totally enjoying himself.
3 years ago

1 comment:
I always loved this book as a child. I was so pleased when I purchased my own copy a few years ago and was excited to read it to my children. But over the years I had forgotten exactly how the story goes. Upon reading to my children for the first time, I was appalled as I realized this is a terrible lesson to teach your children! The naughty little puppy sneaks in at night and sneaks/eats all the dessert without any negative consequences. Only on the 4th time does he not get dessert. And only because he was poky, not because he was naughty.
But I still like the book. :)
Post a Comment