It is so good to finally be back in the land of Krispy Kreme. It's not like we bought them every week before they closed, but we always knew they were there, and when we had that KK craving, we had a place to go. I haven't had a doughnut since they closed up shop all over the valley. It's not that I was on strike or anything, but ever since being introduced to KK, I can't even compare them to the regular supermarket variety. I don't even consider them the same type of sweet. To me it's like comparing a tree to a bush - they're both green, but only one gives you shade. They're really not the same animal. And we really don't call them "doughnuts" - they're just "Krispy Kremes".
So you better believe that we've had them twice already this past week. The first 2 attempts to get them were unsuccessful. It's not that I wouldn't have waited in a 25-car line for these babies, but why if you can try the next day at your leisure. It's not like the first time they came to the valley and we had to drive all the way to Arizona Mills to wait in the same line.
Last weekend Marshall and I had some time to kill after the adult stake conference meeting so we braved the 17-car line. During the 40-minute wait, I pulled out my
He could not believe I still have it, so I called Susan to confirm that I'm not the only faithful KK lover. I always knew they would be back!! Of course Susan still has hers too. We pulled our boxes in the car and just laughed when we saw this new propaganda on them. Someone at Krispy Kreme has a good sense of humor:

2 comments:
Yes, a happy day indeed. We took the kids last week. And you are so right - the kids didn't ask to go get a doughnut, they asked to get Krispy Kremes. We went inside and braved the line the wound back and forth a few times. But guess what, they did not give out a "hot" one while we waited. What the heck??? That's the one I crave!!!
Soooo Excited! =)
Post a Comment