Like most of America, we are gearing up to see the new Indiana Jones movie. I am very excited for my kids to experience what I did as a child. Every time I hear the theme music it takes me back to waiting in the line that wrapped around the building at the old Cine Capri. I get teary-eyed when I see the trailer and hear that music.
So, needless to say, we are watching the trilogy over the next couple of weeks before we go. NOT part of the preparation for the movie was finding this snake outside my garage on Mother's Day. Like Indy, I HATE snakes. This one was a monster, too. I was going out to unload the car and it was waiting for me in the crack where the garage door comes down, with it's head up, ready to strike. We immediately looked it up on the internet, and no, it wasn't a poisonous one, but nonetheless, Marshall and Tabitha promptly took it to a nearby field to finish out it's days. Tabitha kept searching the next few days for another one, with a promise from her dad that she can keep the next one. "Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"
3 years ago

4 comments:
We have found 2 snakes in our back yard over the last few months but nowhere near that big. Wow! We have bees on one side of our yard and snakes on the other but I'll take our snakes over yours. Emily is like Tabitha..wants to keep the dang things.
Yeah, I forgot to tell you, I found a snake skin in the road in front of your house the other day. I meant to ask you about it.
Yeah, we just skin our snakes and I cook the meat for dinner. Then I toss the skins into the street to scare intruders away. LOL.. We let one go in the field and the other got away in our garage while we were holding it to see if Mark could keep it. Mike found a dead one in front of the house that he thought was the one that got away. I could do without all this snake finding.
Okay, that's it! Hearing the story is one thing, but seeing a picture of the dang thing is another!! Where did it come from and does it have friends???? If they venture around the corner to my house you will hear a scream from here to Sedona!
Post a Comment