When did we quit worrying about cutting teeth and changing diapers? I truly cannot believe we only have 5 more years with her at home. I always knew that starting junior high was the beginning of the end, but this year has flown so fast, it's starting to really sink in. Watching her at the Hurricane Awards the other night, I thought about how proud I am of her and her commitment to academic excellence. She has really done well this year, and was even recognized for her achievements in orchestra, of which I reap the benefits each morning as she serenades me in my sleep. (She practices in my closet at 6 a.m.)
But as a mother, my proudest moments are when her sweet personality shines through. As great as these achievements are, what will truly make her happy is the way she feels about herself and how she treats those around her. I was more excited last week when she brought home a list that her language arts class had made about her. I guess one day they took a moment to write something about each person in the class and the teacher compiled them. Here's a small taste (and, yes, she's going to kill me):
3 years ago

8 comments:
Beautiful inside and out. Truly!
The combination of your sweet words and this song "she" just have me tearing up. I can't believe they grow up so fast. She is a great tribute to goodly parents.
Yeah, that song gets me every time.
So glad I have her in Beehives. She is a bright spot for me.
I remember my Madison at the Hurricane awards like it was yesterday...in three weeks she graduates from high school. The time goes fast. She is beautiful-enjoy every moment.
How did my little kindergarten student turn into this beautiful young woman? I believe her kindergarten peers would have said many kind words about her too. Why don't I live next door to these amazing girls any more so my girls can see their shining examples? Oh yeah...my house was crooked..LOL
Stop it! You're making me cry. I love Sydney. And I love that my girls look up to her so much. :)
Post a Comment