Monday, August 11, 2008

Celebrating Ingenuity

After throwing 2 corndogs in the microwave, I went in the other room to quickly check my e-mail. I soon heard the microwave beep. I was just finishing up and was thinking they could sit for a second to cool when I heard a CRASH. In my entry way I found this:Lately Ethan has been dangling the cord over our banister like a rope and tying various things to it. I then walked into my kitchen to find Dylan in front of the corndogs. He had gotten them down from the microwave without a stool, bucket or chair, and placed them on two different plates - one for him and the other for Ethan. He even closed the microwave door. The only evidence he left was an open cupboard door below the microwave. I guess he hoisted himself up from the bottom of the cupboard. As I was scanning the kitchen, Ethan comes down and asks, "Do I need to say sorry to Dad?" And I know I should be mad, but I just can't be.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Bless your patience with the smashed keyboard. You are so good at that. Me - not so much. And cheers to Dylan for his uncanny ability to seize the day!!