I almost forgot this one. We went to see The Dark Knight the week before the reunion. We were short on time because Marshall had just gotten back into town, and we were hurrying to make an 8:30 show on a Tuesday. I'm worried about getting a bad seat, and Marshall says, "Nah, who goes to movies on a Tuesday night?" - just before we pull into a packed parking lot. So he drops me off to buy tickets and he parks. I find out the movie actually starts at 8:50 so we've got time. As I look around, I realize who goes to the movies on a Tuesday night in August: LOTS AND LOTS OF TEENAGERS! Okay you can say it, "You're old!" Yes, I felt it that night. It was so bustling with energy I felt like we were back at the Varsity Theater at BYU campus, where it was just one huge social engagement. Only this is 2008, so when we walk into the theater, the whole auditorium is lit up with cell phones - everyone texting their neighbors or friends that are on the way.
We take our seats and I leave twice before the show starts - once to go to the bathroom and once to come back and get my cup so I can get it filled - I refuse to take a clean cup into the restroom. So I take my time doing my usual routine while washing in the bathroom, making sure I touch NOTHING after using soap. And WHY oh WHY do I go through the trouble, when, as I give the kid behind the counter my Harkins cup to fill it, he sticks his
1 week ago

3 comments:
We went to see Batman last night and we had adults yelling at the teenagers in the front to SHUT UP then the lites on there phones were flipping on and off between texting and then the woman yelling at the 15 or so teens walked over starting explaining if she had to ask them again to be quite she would *****. Eventually the majority of them were escorted out by ushers. What a fabulous viewing of Batman we had! I am with you -- no movies before 9:00 for me. It ends past their curfew we learned and we noticed the cops escorting the kids to their parents cars to reinforce it!!!
Luckily for us the only annoyance during the movie was a girl behind me that kept laughing hysterically at the Joker, like he was ha ha funny and not macabre. I can live with that.
I'm laughing about the cup thing. Not in a HA HA kind of way but more of a what in the world kind of way.
Post a Comment