Last Christmas, I really wanted to give Tab an American Girl doll. She is the perfect age for it and I knew she would love it. I had a hard time deciding which one to give her, as usual. It came down to two - one who loved horses and one who had freckles like Tab. What tipped the scales was that I heard that they were making a movie about the freckled one - so Kit Kittredge became her doll.
She finally finished reading the books so we got to go to the movie today. We almost missed it. It's leaving the theaters and is only at one theater on this side of town. I checked the times earlier in the week - 5:25 on Saturday was what we were planning for. I was on the computer today at 4:10 and thought I better check the time again just to be sure. It was changed to start at 4:25! I rushed to Tab, told her we had to leave now and to grab her doll. She ran upstairs and quickly came down with Kit saying, "Mom, I got Kit dressed earlier in the week so that if we had to run to the movies she would be ready to go." So, we made it. Didn't miss a minute. I'm grateful for those silly little miracles that help make our lives rich with memorable moments.
3 years ago

5 comments:
Adorable! I loved the movie as well!
Stop it that she got her doll dressed earlier that week. How cute is that?!
not a silly miracle at all. just a precious one!
Oh how cute are you! After seeing the movie, Allison wants to be KK for Halloween - how the heck am I supposed to do that one?
Easy. Just make her a dress out of chicken feed sacks, just like Kit's mom. :-)
Post a Comment