Wednesday, August 6, 2008

They're Gone!

Wow. Another school year is upon us. I have mixed emotions. I know I should feel elated. And don't get me wrong, I don't miss the noise, the clutter, and the mess of backpacks spilling out onto the floor from these hooks. I shouted "Woo-hoo!" as I drove my kids to school this morning. And I do love to watch my kids go to school with confidence, ready to tackle the new school year. I get excited thinking of all the things they will accomplish. I was also comforted by my girls' teachers this year. I know they will be loved:
I think I just feel a little jipped this year. Our summer went too fast. I want just one week back. But not one week at the end of the summer when we're chomping at the bit to return to sanity. I want the beginning of the summer back, when we're fresh with enthusiasm for making the most of our non-structured days. Just one week. As Sydney starts 8th grade, I'm really feeling my time start to slip away. Just 5 more years and they start leaving for good. Sigh. . .

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Love those hooks.

Andrea said...

Let's enjoy 8th grade to the fullest 'cuz high school is next and I think at that point when we blink, we will have missed it! I'm glad we are on this journey together.