Since Marshall really needed to work last Monday on the trek video, we took Family Night to him. I know that sounds counterproductive, but after he drives home early, we get our clan to sit down to dinner, clean up the table, bath the boys, put the youngest down, finish up the lesson, then finally sit down for what is NEVER a short FHE, we truly just spent about a third of the time by just taking everything to him.
The plan was to take 5 sparkling clean kids in their jammies to the office, and eat our yummy new homemade chicken strips on T.V. trays (thank you, Rachel for the grand idea) while we watched Joseph, King of Dreams. I envisioned us all snuggled up together on the couch enjoying our yummy food. Maybe even somebody would fall asleep on my lap. Okay, I know that last part is truly just in my dreams, but I can try, can't I? This is how we started:About 15 minutes later, the movie is forgotten and the mayhem begins:
All in all, not quite what I had in mind, but successful nonetheless.
3 years ago

1 comment:
Love it! I would call it totally successful as well. And because we ARE mothers, I think we will dream about a child falling asleep in our laps forever. : )
Post a Comment