Monday, August 25, 2008

Realizations I had while mowing 14 bags of THIS grass:

1. We overwater our lawn.
2. When it's this thick, DRAGGING the lawnmower backwards, rather than pushing it forwards is the way to go.
3. Flip flops are not the shoes to wear while mowing a lawn - it's much easier barefoot.
4. Having to mow each "row" twice is not fun.
5. Having to empty the lawnmower bag after each pass is even more depressing.
6. Wet grass, while thicker than dry grass and has a tendency to jam your mower, doesn't blow in your face when you empty the bag.
7. It is necessary to clean your mower and bag after using - when grass sits on your porch for weeks, it dries up, hardens, and smells like hay.
8. Costco bags are tougher than Wal-mart bags. Duh - I know.
9. Don't use your nice, very expensive specialized Tiff lawnmower to mow grass this thick. It ALWAYS breaks and has to go in for repairs. Use the standard cheap-o Home Depot variety. It gets the job done.
10. I will finally be able to see Dylan again when he's playing in the sandbox!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That lawn is unbelievable. Flip flops...classic!!! And I totally am with you on the hay smell, so gross!!

Andrea said...

My favortie - pay no attention to the mower being jammed up because not having the grass blow in your face is worth it. I AGREE 100%. I think that is why I'm not allowed to touch the mower at our house. What a HUGE job. And you triumphed!

lilivand said...

So I guess you never took health at BYU. The mangled foot from a lawn mower scarred me for life. Wow that's a lot of beautiful grass!