Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Forgive and Forget

As I was attempting to coax Dylan out of the sandbox this morning so we could take Tabitha to the bus stop, I heard two sets of little feet chasing after each other. Sure enough, I turned around to find Ethan chasing Tabitha around in circles on the cement. They looked like couple chasing each other in and out of two doors on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. Needless to say, they didn't have the best morning together. We hop in the car and they are both upset with each other and both demanding justice. I ask them to think of something nice to say about the other one. Being young and quick to forgive, it took them about 2 seconds. Tabitha says, "Ethan makes a lot of really cool stuff". Ethan responds with "Tab is my bestest sister ever". That was just the medicine they needed to cool off. They were both smiling when we got to the bus, and Ethan even shouted an impromptu

"Love you, Tab!"
to which she replied,
"Love you!"
Ahh, familial bliss!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I've got to remember that one. I'm usually too flustered myself to be able to think of something so great. What a great story!

Rachel said...

One of my favorite lines from Ethan is, "My best friend Tabba..."