Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hookie Sweat Shop

When I offered to the girls to stay home on one of the half-days we had last week, Ellie was the only one to take me up on it. She chose Thursday, which happened to coincide with the day I was dry-pack canning at a neighbor's house. You better believe I jumped at the chance to have her help me out. And, of course, Ellie couldn't have been more thrilled if you had told her we were going to the movies.Due to an unexpected morning, we only had one hour, but we got 51 cans done -- thanks to my fabulous help. Ellie worked, and I mean worked, the canner the whole time. I could barely keep up. Here are the fruits of their labors:I did get busted by the teacher, though. We happened to have our parent teacher conferences on that same day and she asked where Ellie was. I couldn't lie. I told the teacher that until they quit having so many half-days and start school in the fall like we used to, or stop discouraging high school seniors from taking a full day's worth of classes "because they have all the credits they need to graduate", so that they can spend less money on them, that I would do what I wanted with my half days.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. (he he-I've always wanted to say that.)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

put the in your pipe and smoke it????? I am so laughing! And Ellie - YOU ROCK!!

Rachel said...

Amen! My kids stay home on many a half day. I hate them!!!!