Thursday, October 23, 2008

Overdirected Orchestra

Tab and Ellie had their first strings concert for the school year. For Tab, this was her first concert ever. They had the 3 different levels of orchestras performing together. A narrator told a Halloween story, and the different groups would take turns playing their songs throughout it. The girls did great, and it's fun to see what the teacher can do with a bunch of kids in just a few weeks. In between songs we enjoyed watching Tabitha fidget in her chair, chat with her neighbor and direct everyone around her. We might need a more jazzy, dancing type of orchestra. They have those, right? But the best part was when, right in the middle of a song Ellie's group was performing, Tabitha stood straight up nice and tall above her group, and, with moving lips, pronounced,

"I'm NEXT!"
She wanted to make sure we didn't miss a thing. Directing to the very end. And, of course, the pictures I took last night don't actually exist since I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera. I will share this, though. Thinking about where she could have possibly gotten this trait, I remembered a picture that Marshall took at Disneyland last week. I am laughing with my older four on the Grizzly River Run, but I'm actually saying, "Get, Dylan!"

No comments: