Question: What happens to pumpkin cookies if you add an extra teaspoon (or maybe 2, we lost track) of baking powder?
Answer: The batter triples in size and gets all foamy, but the cookies are okay - a little crunchier - or maybe that's because you forgot to set the timer on the first batch.Question: What happens when you turn around to rinse your hands?
Answer: Your two-year-old starts pouring the cooking oil from the Pyrex measuring cup to a dry measuring 1/4 cup.
Question: What does your two-year-old do when you attempt to add ingredients to the bowl his mixing?
Answer: Scream, of course.Question: What happens when you are on the phone, asking your mother if it's okay if you add a bunch of extra baking powder?
Answer: Your two-year-old excitedly screeches, "How-o-wEEN treats!" "How-o-wEEN treats!"
Question: What happens when you try to put the ingredients away?
Answer: Your four-year-old fills a measuring cup with what you think is just sugar. You naturally dump it back in the container, only to find chocolate chips mixed in with it.Question from Ethan: "Why do we put salt in cookies?"
Mom: "I don't know."
Ethan: "Giada doesn't know either. She says, 'I don't know why we always put salt in cookies. Salt just goes great with everything!' She is very, very, very, very funny."
Oh, hooray for Giada. I'd like to see her bake a batch of cookies with two precocious little boys.
1 week ago

3 comments:
Dying! Great great post.
Seriously, I love that he thinks so highly of Giada!
I'm just shaking my head and laughing. Great post!
Post a Comment