Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pop Culture Invades The Lincoln Memorial

Marshall has always wanted to sit on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. He kept telling me it was because that's where Jenny dove into the water in Forrest Gump. I didn't get the joke until we got there and I realized it was where Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his I Have a Dream speech.This is the view across the reflecting pool, with the memorial behind us.
As we're looking at this view of the monument, we hear loud screams from a large group of teenage girls below on the steps. I comment to Marshall that they must not have had the "Be Respectful" speech on the bus ride over, as these monuments are to be treated with reverence. It was then that I realized they were all pointing to the bottom of the steps, where several of them were taking their picture with this little cutie:Of course I didn't know who he was, so I asked some girls near us. They said he's from the Disney show "Wizards of Waverely Place." My girls watch that show, so to be the good mom, I made my way down amongst the shrieking girls to have my picture taken. He was very nice:My girls of course knew exactly who he was - David Henrie. They were very impressed.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

you are so funny. I'm totally tagging along next time.

Andrea said...

you are so great! The girls should be so impressed with your crazed fan moment. Rachel's right - girls road trip is a must!