And, of course, we went to our share of museums during the week. I loved the Air and Space Smithsonian, mostly because we had a tour guide that gave us the highlights and lots of interesting information that I never would have gotten from trying to read everything. I do much better with highlights. These places can be overwhelming at times - so much to see and so little time. And when it's something like airplanes that I virtually know nothing about - I can easily get lost in a huge museum. The other neat thing about the Smithsonian Museums is that just about everything displayed in them is authentic. This is the actual "Spirit of St. Louis" plane flown by Charles Lindbergh:
Of course, this was another favorite - the Puffy Shirt.
It's ironic how the one museum we paid for was the only one we wouldn't recommend. This was the highlight of the Spy Museum. What guy wouldn't want to crawl through a vent system? So, if it's worth $36 dollars to you, go for it.
This is in the Pentagon - not a museum, I know, but it might as well have been. The guide was a naval officer who walked backwards the whole time in order to watch us so we didn't escape and unleash some terrorist plot. That's pretty much all I remember from walking through what seemed like an eternity of white walls. I know they can't give away secrets, but come on, throw us a bone at least!
3 years ago

2 comments:
We've also done the Spy Museum. I was the only one in our group that liked it. Ha!
Did you hit the Holocaust museum too?
love the puffy shirt! And the vent systmem...very spy-ish. Marshall could pass as a spy. He has a look that no one would suspect - a fourty year old man that doesn't look a day over 27!
Post a Comment