When we arrived at a local junkyard last week to take our family pictures, Tabitha could not believe it. "A JUNKYARD! We're having our family pictures taken at a JUNKYARD?!" Upon hearing this, Dylan leaped out of the car, mischievously grinning from ear to ear, threw his arms up in the air, and shouted, "JUNKYARD!"
He was in heaven. This is one of my favorite pictures not only because they are all so handsome, but also because it reminds me of how, in their own way, each of my sweet boys tried so very hard to make this day a success:
- Ethan has been in a stubborn streak this last year when it comes to pictures - he either doesn't smile or he makes a goofy face. He also knows how much I like him to smile. When Ethan heard we were taking family pictures, he voluntarily came to me and promised that he would smile in most of the pictures. He really did great. This was one of the last pictures taken. I think he had had enough.

- Dylan loved every minute of this whole process. I honestly think if it hadn't have been so cold, he would have sat still a little better, but he tried so hard. He even copied everything Ethan did when taking his "headshot". Our photographer had Ethan leaning up against this old gas pump for his portrait, and when it was Dyl's turn, he sat down and awkwardly did the same, trying so hard to pose just like his brother. We also had Ethan tell himself jokes during his turn so that he would smile naturally, instead of like this picture on the right. So Dylan started "telling" jokes like Ethan did, shouting, "Chicken cross a road!" and laughing.
- Marshall was a saint. He H-A-T-E-S this shirt, but I absolutely love it on him. I bought it a while ago for him, way before I knew we would use blue for these pictures. I begged him to keep it, hoping I could talk him into wearing it someday. When I started the "clothes choosing" process a couple days before the pictures, I had envisioned him in this shirt. He didn't say a word - no complaining, no pleading, nothing - no groaning when I asked him to keep it untucked. He must be realizing how hard it is to find clothes for family pictures, so that everything coordinates and everyone is happy. At one point I asked him why we hadn't taken the shirt back earlier if he wasn't ever going to wear it. He said that it had already been washed. He LIED! I found the tag the next morning. This is how much he loves me. Going out of his comfort zone was just about the nicest thing he could have done for me. He is now hunkier than ever.

6 comments:
Wow, a junkyard. Who would have thought of that. Looks like a fun background though. Those boys are so handsome.
So cute! I know where I am doing my pictures next year!
pictures. I think I've filed that word into the "off limits" vocab. but so glad you had a good experience. and yes - your boys are quite handsome.
Why are the pictures crooked? Pretty handsome (smart, tough & strong) boys! I'd like to see one of Marshall in Seinfeld's puffy shirt. .^.^
Okay, you officially get the award for "coolest family picture spot". Can't wait to see them all!
awesome awesome awesome idea!
Post a Comment