Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Have No Idea Where They Get This :-)

We have an obsession in our house in the form of a book. Both of my older girls have read this book once already. They are now listening to it on their iPod and discman. After several days of chores being put off, messy rooms and an incident of Mom's earbuds missing from her car because they were being used elsewhere after said child's could not be located, I have confiscated the BOOKS! No more listening to any form of mp whatever until things start shaping up. The tears were almost too much to bear tonight. Apparently, they were at a really good part in the book and it's killing them not to listen to it. This is the same book that gave them withdrawls and nightime tears after finishing the series because they couldn't wait to find out what happens to Percy Jackson. Well, Percy's just going to have to wait until I am no longer tripping over trash in their bedroom. Meanwhile, it sounds like I have another fun book to read. . .

5 comments:

lilivand said...

I better go get it at the library if it is that good. I have seen it in stores and never heard much about it. I hope the girls get things straightened out so they can pick it up again soon.

Looking forward to hopeully seeing the movie "Boy in Striped Pajamas" with all of you.

Deanna said...

Tait and Larissa both LOVED this series.

sarah said...

Taylor borrowed the first book from Bridger Page and after he read it in less than 24 hours we promptly went out and bought the series. He loved them and read them all in a week this summer!

Crystal said...

Oooh, thanks for the recommendation!

Rachel said...

ok I'm off to go get this. you never disappoint me!