Saturday, March 21, 2009

Stir Crazy

My kind kind parents took us in this week while our plumbing was being rerouted in our house. (That's another story, and one you will never hear because I'm pretending it didn't happen. Hence, my escape to the other side of town.) So we left on Tuesday, picked up my niece so my dear sister could suffer through what we hope is her last week of pregnancy in peace, and drove out to my mom's. It was a great week. We went to the park:
The kids played with Legos (my personal favorite):












They had cousin tea parties and broke cribs:









We had a fantastic week, but I think all the excitement (that's what we'll call it) was starting to take a toll on my mom. On Friday morning, I woke up before all my kids and walked down to the kitchen, looking for signs of life. The whole house was dark and quiet, except for the light in the kitchen pantry. I walked into the pantry, only to find my mom, bless her heart, wearing a crown and swatting at the air with her shoe: She was mumbling something about a giant mosquito and Audrey being up and wanting her to wear this crown, but I didn't buy it. We knew our stay was up. We had officially driven her insane. Thanks, Mom & Dad!! It was a fabulous week!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is pretty dang funny. I love your mom!

Andrea said...

This is so great. The picture of your mom is priceless. And all because a little grandaughter wanted her grandma to be the Queen. She wears is well. (and I won't bring up the plumbing issue)

Andrea said...

I meant wears "it" well. I hate that I can't edit a post after I have hit the enter key! GRRRR!