Sunday, April 5, 2009

Angels and Demons

When I pull my kids out of the tub and wrap them in a towel, I usually tell them that my favorite thing in the whole world is a clean baby. Today I found a new favorite thing - a well-rested baby. Dylan has had very little sleep the last few days - no naps, staying up late, getting up too early. The reasons for the lack of sleep have varied, although there has been the common thread of potty-training along with "keeping your door unlocked during your naps so you can get out to go potty"-training. It's been fun.

So yesterday morning's conference was filled with hyperactivity, tears, thrashing, destroying, and demonic fits. However, after lunch I hit the "nap window" and got him to bed on time at night, so he also slept in today. This morning my sweet angel (yeah, the switch gets flipped that quickly) came down helpful, polite and charming. I was in love again. I even caught him making this little bed for "Tigie":

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hey I thought you were going to update your blog more often. I have picture of the girls on the morning we left. Actually John's sister does, as soon as I get it I will send it to you.