We always read a story before naps and bedtime. Olivia books are among our very favorites. Every time we read "Olivia Saves the Circus," Dylan makes us reenact certain scenes from it. He thinks it's hilarious. For this page, I'm always the lion and he always gets to be Olivia. I hope there's not any significance in that. BTW, his whimpering is Oscarworthy.
Then we have to play this entire scenario out. We say it just like the book, except we replace Olivia with Dylan:
It's bedtime, but of course Olivia's not at all sleepy.
"Good night," says her mother.
"Good night, Mommy," says Olivia.
"Close your eyes."
"They are closed."
"Then go to sleep."
"I am asleep."
"And remember, no jumping."
"Okay, Mommy."
"OLIVIA, I said, 'No jumping'!
Who do you think you are --
Queen (King) of the Trampoline?"
(When I peek my head in the door for this part, he can hardly jump because he's laughing so hard; then he falls on the bed.)
Maybe.
3 years ago

1 comment:
this is tug on my heartstrings-ish.
love it.
Post a Comment