Monday, July 6, 2009

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

So nice to get out of the heat and go to the cabin for the 4th. And even better to be able to spend it with all the cousins. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the 4th than to sip slushies on the porch with your buddy. . .As usual, the cousins spent ample time collecting bugs and building houses for them. What caterpillar wouldn't want these digs?Ellie made a treasure hunt for the cousins:I spent my weekend chasing this adventurer. We even got to eat lunch up here. I was okay as long as I didn't look down or lean against the rickety south wall: As we were loading up to leave, Tabitha let the caterpillar loose, only to find this little guy:

2 comments:

Andrea said...

the minute I read your comment on my blog just moments ago, I knew you had taken a quick trip to blogland. I came here fast to see if you had posted some pics. I was delighted to find these. The catepillar house is oh so great!! Cooper would love to get in on this adventure. And you are much more brave than I - lunch in the treehouse would not have happened for me. You are a great mom!

Andrea said...

okay - excuse the double talking. but I really didn't want to retype all that.