Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Hope They Call Me on a Vacation

I teach Primary with this fabulous lady named Deon. Sunday we were chatting during Sharing Time (I know, I know, but it's hard to listen when I've been doing this as long as I have and I have this great new friend that I'm getting to know), and she's telling me about her son that's leaving to go on a mission. I remarked to her that I feel like I don't teach my little ones like I did my older ones. About a year and a half ago I asked Ethan about going on a mission and he began talking about Little Einstein's and going on a mission in space. So, I told Deon that I was going to bring him to her son's open house that night and reinforce the whole "missionary" thing. Here's the conversation on the way there:

Mom: "Ethan, do you know what a mission is?"
Ethan: "Yeah. It's a vacation."
(Oh, great, I really have failed.)
Mom: "Do you know what you do there?"
Ethan: "You go to people's houses and teach them about the gospel."

(Phew! We're at least on the right track.)

But even still we should probably re-invite Dylan to FHE since he's getting a little older and start from scratch teaching the 2 boys.

1 comment:

charisse mask said...

i couldn't agree more. i feel the same way with my 2 little girls. i feel like i've already been there and done that. thanks for the reminder that we still have to keep on keepin' on with those little ones. i can't even imagine how my mom did it with 10! i suppose that is why tenery is how she is, right? lol!
thanks again for the bread and birthday wishes! i love good friends. can't wait to go to lunch.