A couple of weeks ago we got a Culture Pass from the library to the lame-o Bead Museum, which wasn't even worth blogging about, except to say that if you want to save your museum, you need more than some beads in a few drawers. To keep people coming you have to appeal to the kids - at least put out a table to make bead necklaces or something - throw us a bone - anything!This week we finally got the coveted Culture Pass for the Children's Museum Downtown. Although more for the little ones, Syd and I enjoyed watching the kids play and admired the artwork throughout the building.
But the best part was at the very end, when Syd and I were standing around, waiting for the others to finish their various activities. There was a girl doing the hula hoop, and one of the employees came over to Syd and challenged her to outdo the girl. He told Syd she was standing there, with her arms folded, thinking, "Oh, yeah, I can do better than that." Poor Sydney was mortified, but she took him up on it, even trying to hula-hoop up the stairs when prodded.
I was the next victim. Little did he know I hold the top hula-hooping score on our Wii.




5 comments:
That hula hooping looks pretty impressive. I went and got my own Chandler library card in hopes of snagging this same pass before I go next week. Looks like a great time.
You should have called me!! We have a pass and would have loved to go with you!
ok that Syd is just one beautiful girl. Look at that darling figure.
Syd looks like she is giving it back to him ! You are one awesome hula hooper! Should have been born in the 50's.
this is too good! you go girl!
Post a Comment