Monday, July 20, 2009

Self-Portrait


So I've been informed by my brother that you can't Craigslist children. I guess they're on the not-for-sale list with guns, drugs and dogs. Too bad, since today I'd trade just about any of those things for my little 3-year-old. What is it with that age? He was a peach last week and now he's completely turned on me. He does nothing but scream, demand, scream, demand and scream some more. He insisted on saying the dinner prayer tonight. I helped him by first saying the phrases, while he repeated them. After a few words of thanks, I realized this was not working. He was standing up on the bench and almost shouting the words about as obnoxiously as he could. So my next prompt was:

"Please bless my mom to not put Tabasco sauce in my mouth for being irreverent during the prayer."

Dylan replied with an "Oh," and immediately sat down, bowed his head and finished the prayer like a good little boy. When he sat down, his sweet cousin Lilly (who was over because her mom was having our first nephew!) patted his arm and said, "Good job, Dylan." Right. At least being able to turn a blind eye to little boys' shenanigans will come in handy with her new brother.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

My 4 year old Grace likes to do similar things. she has been banned from saying the prayer for awhile.

Andrea said...

I'm grinning...

Rhonda said...

That is just funny. Daniel is in charge of our lunch prayers and they go on and on and on. He prays for everything under the sun except the food. Love the tobasco part.