1. Broken ice maker - This fridge is 14 years old. We love it. And even though our 11-year-old keeps telling us it looks old and junky, we don't care. It has a milk chiller that is hard to find these days and which has completely indulged my milk temperature pickiness. We've already been through a broken ice maker, but luckily Marshall knows how to fix EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING, given enough time and research. He quickly figured out the problem and we were back on our way to crushed ice with our cranberry juice. He also found the parts to replace the yellowing ones, so we can soon appease our Ellie.
2. Broken washer - 15-year-old machine that breaks 2 loads into my laundry day. This one was depressing. Would I love a new washer that holds twice as many clothes and uses less water? YES! Do I want to pay for one? NO! This is when time became scarce for my dear husband. I know he could have fixed it - he's faced tougher obstacles, but last week time was definitely money. Whenever this is the case, we call our Superhero fix-it Man. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Don. He knows EVERY appliance inside and out, knows exactly what to do, sometimes over the phone, and will talk you OUT OF repairs you don't need. And, he's completely affordable. It's even in his name. Affordable Appliance Repair.
3. Broken freezer - we don't even know how old this is since it was a hand-me-down from my parents, but it has become an essential appliance in our home (well, garage). And we knew when we had been beaten. This one was done; unfixable. However, we were thrilled to find one on Craigslist for 1/2 the price of a new one. Ahh, it feels good to save money.
3 years ago

4 comments:
What can I bribe Marshall with to come fix my ice maker too??? Please??
A few things. 1. congrats on being able to keep your old washer-it's always nice to make do for just a little longer. and 2. how thrilled was Marshall that you were taking his photo while he was repairing the ice machine?? :)
Ditto on being able to save the washer. And ditto on can Marshall come fix our ice machine?
So sad to see the freezer go, but yeah for Craigslist!
Collete,
I just left a comment on your Wicked post... but I had to leave one here, too, because we also have a broken ice maker and washer and need a new freezer!! It's our 2nd set of 3 breakdowns this summer! I'll have to check out your repair guy!
Post a Comment