7:15 a.m. - Last Sunday morning (6 months until Ethan's birthday) - Church starts at 8 a.m. I'm ironing the boys' pants. Ethan steps into the laundry room.
"Mom, can you help me make a list for my birthday?"
"Now?"
"Yes."
"Can it wait until after church?"
"Okay."
I don't think he's been informed of our "birthday parties on certain years" rule. He had one for his 5th birthday, and won't get one until his 8th. Which is a shame in a way, since his last one was really fun. The lists for that party started a month before his birthday. In the end, we found a recipe for this really cool cake on FamilyFun.com and decided on an "Exploding Party." The simplest ideas were the best.
But I think the biggest hit was the Ziploc bag catapult, originally discovered by Marshall in the high school lunchroom, using banana chunks. Apparently when you close a Ziploc bag just half-full with air and place anything (we used marshmallows) on one end, when you hit the opposite end with your hand you can send the objects sometimes 30 feet in the air. Very cool.

3 comments:
brilliant!
a party theme to be repeated over here I'm sure.
It was a great party. No wonder he is so eager to plan the next.
Post a Comment