It is true that all good things must come to an end. Kinda like in The Time Traveler's Wife. WHATEVER. But I digress. . .I realized over the summer that Ethan no longer says crazy things worthy of "Ethanisms". It's quite sad. Kind of like when Sydney could finally pronounce her name with an "S" at the beginning. Until she was 3 she was "idney".
We have kept track of all the "isms" that each of my kids have spewed forth over the years. My friend Candace gave me the idea when my kids were little so they each have a Word document with "Funny Things" - that's what my kids call them. And they periodically ask to get on the computer just to read through the "Funny Things". There are so so many hilarious ones of the girls. Here's a sampling:
Sydney: You look so pretty in that blue dress, Mom. But, sometimes my brain is so weird. When it tells me that you’re not pretty, I don’t listen to it because that’s not very nice. It’s just so weird.
Sydney: Let’s have another girl but let’s not name her Cinderella because then she will just clean all the time.
(Bringing mint chocolate chip ice cream to me in bed first thing in the morning and asking me for some, to which I said “no”.)
Ellie: (Pleading) But, Mom, I love this ice cream. It’s my favorite color. Chocolate.
(After being sick on the couch all morning.)
Ellie: I must be losing my mind. I’ve been watching too much TV. I think I’m losing my mind. I think 1+1=3.
Tabitha: “When I was playing hide and seek with Troy Tiffany. . .You know the Troy that goes with Tiffany? When I was playing hide and seek with him I hided in the laundry room where the clothes get super hot and really, really dry after they get wet and you know. . .it’s the place with the circle door.”
Tabitha: “Momma, could you get me a jump rope so I can tie it around my waist and then tie it to a chair and then put the chair on top of the TV so I could fly?”
So, we are now passing the torch. . .


5 comments:
I just saw Time Traveler's Wife..like you said "whatever". I wish I would have been as diligent as you and written all those things down. But really, I don't think my kids have been as funny as yours. I love the new Dylanisms.
I actually liked the movie, but, um, you know. . .
sydney's takes the cake " i don't listen when my brain tells me you are not pretty because that isn't nice." love the honesty.
I love that you do this for your kids. lucky lucky kids!
I'm so happy that there are going to be years to come of Dylan stories. :)
--
Jenifer
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved
Post a Comment