Sunday, September 20, 2009

We were very fortunate to have our ward campout at Camp LoMia this weekend. Besides being at such a fabulous site, all we had to do was throw some pajamas, coats and sleeping bags in the car and go. Here was dinner -All weekend we were discussing which of our girls will be at camp with the other ones and when and realizing that in a few short years we will have all 3 of the girls up there at the same time, which is the summer before Syd starts her senior year. It's mind-blowing to think of any of them leaving home, but watching Ellie and Tab up there helped us to picture it all being very real.On the way home we had an adventure with the Browns and their neighbor Greg, who took us to a mountainside trail that had nothing but geodes on it. Tabitha and Davis were in heaven. As we were coming down the mountain it started to rain and I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures yet, so I quickly asked the boys to hold up a geode so I could snap theirs. And then, MY boy, who would rather EAT the geodes than have his picture taken with them, quickly directed Cooper into this pose. He instructed him to move to his left, then switch his geode into his left hand so they could put arms on shoulders like this. Bless Cooper for being such a good sport.Right after I took this picture it began POURING and we realized that the Maddy and my 2 older girls had taken the wrong path down the mountain. As I frantically ran to the car, soaked to the bone and furiously trying to take off the kids' muddy shoes before getting in, Marshall was racing and hollaring further down the path, while Brent ran along the road shouting their names. They would have heard him had they noticed the road ran parallel to the path at the base of the mountain. However, they missed that portion of the path and were heading back up the mountain in a completely different direction. Luckily, they stayed on the path and didn't panic since they didn't even know they were lost, so Marshall eventually caught up with them. In the end, I was just glad they had a good enough chat to keep them that distracted.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ethan cracks me up and the picture turned out great. Love those boys. The girls in the rain - I'm glad they were oblivious to it all. But that rain storm was SO incredible! Thanks for an adventuresome afternoon. :)