Saturday, April 12, 2008

Friends

I just have to give a shout out to good friends. So many times this week, usually after a great conversation, I have felt overwhelmed by the goodness of my friends -- how incredible they are and how they inspire me to be better and how I seem to be surrounded by them, many times in the most unlikely places.

Last night I was grateful for my children's friends. Ellie was honored to be able to accompany her friend Savanah while she and another girl sang the song "Castle on a Cloud" from Les Miserables. Ellie has practiced more than I've ever seen her practice. You can't stop if you mess up because the singers are depending on you, and she's been wanting to do well for Savanah. While she's been practicing, Savanah has just given words of encouragement and saying she's just going to do great. Well, they did it last night. It was beautiful. It is so fun to watch how supportive of each other they are, each complementing the other, and at such a young age. Yeah for good friends!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You have good friends because you are one!