This is how Marshall described Ethan when I told him of his new kitchen concoction. Here's a picture of the first treat he ever made by himself. He froze it with the spoon in it. Apparently it's mashed potatoes in water with various spices. Don't ask me what the tape is all about. I think to keep people out. No worries there.
I used to do this when I was younger. Whenever us kids would clear the dinner table, we would take the leftover food from the plates, mix them together, and add lots more "ingredients". Nobody ever called me "Raw Materials Waiting to be Organized," but I'm sure that's what they were thinking. :-)
Here's the recipe for Ethan's latest:
4 cups water
1/4 cup sesame seeds
dash pepper
dash salt
2 teaspoons baking powder - this makes it bubble!
several dashes hot sauce
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 cup garlic wine vinegar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon Spike seasoning
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tablespoon chocolate syrup
1 tablespoon flax seed
2 tablespoons Ranch dressing
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
a few chicken seeds - "because chicken seeds grow chickens" (a.k.a puffed rice)
He said it was going to be the goodest thing you ever tasted. Giada would be so proud!
3 years ago

1 comment:
Collette-I think you have the next iron chef on your hands! It was so good to hear from you! I've thought about you over the last several years--what a cute family you have!!
Post a Comment