Our good friend Dave used this term to describe his wife the other day. The second I heard it, I said, "Oh, my! That's me!!" Other than OCD, I've never had a term for my decorating (and overall getting projects done) disability. It mostly afflicts me when I'm attempting something I'm definitely not good at, something new I have to learn, or something I want to get just right. Okay, so, I guess that means just about everything. My latest paralysis involves my curtains in both my living and family rooms. Without boring you with the analysis of it all, here's my current headache:
This heap on the right is supposed to be my family room curtains. They are actually two panels sewn together. I got at least that far. And the rod is hung, as Mr. E so graciously reminds me every other day. The unfinished panels have been hanging temporarily across my french doors just for some nighttime privacy, but then when we need the doors, down they come. I've even used them for a blanket when no other was to be found. I felt like Miss Scarlet, all wrapped up in my drapes lying on the sofa.These beauties are a work in progress. I need to obviously cut the rod down and stitch the panels together. I also need new rings - these DO NOT slide. And the top is a mess. That's where I'm clueless. If any of you have any knowledge on this, feel free to drop on by and help, or pass along any good links you have.
1 week ago

3 comments:
I am more than willing to help! I said I would - let's pick a day.
Oh yeah - did you try the link on Rachel's blog. I think it is called the nesting place or something like that.
Yes go to that linkand click on 'mistreatments'. You'll find more info then you will ever need. Or call me and I'll come over.
Post a Comment