Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Proof is in the Pudding

So I'm a bit tired of the morning routine. Mostly because I can't call it a routine anymore. It's more like "harassment of my children until they sort of finish all they are supposed to in the morning." It's as if my children have forgotten what they have done every morning for the last few years. I especially have battles with my darling 8-year-old. This morning, we are begging her to just get her shoes on so we can race to the bus which is leaving in about 3 minutes. The last thing we want to do is drive all the way to school. She had already been threatened to have her daily "points" taken away if we had to do that. One of us, I believe Marshall, said to her, "You probably don't even know what time it is." Then, with an offended, very serious tone in her voice, she shouted,

"YES I DO! IT'S 8 SOMETHING!!"

Marshall and I just looked at each other. It took us a second to realize how funny that was, and we and started busting up. She sure showed us.

1 comment:

Arizona Arnolds said...

Oh she looks so beautiful and grown up. Does this come with growing up? Because we have sure had the same week. The only switch was that we live close enough the 11 yr old. got to walk herself to school. (and I won't tell her, but I worried and almost picked her up, called the office or checked in on her) End of story is she came home happy and has been on track the last 2 days!