Today Dylan and I returned a book to the library. It was a Backyardigans book, and Dylan has spent weeks poring over its pages. He has loved this book. Which does not explain in the least why he completely shredded the back two pages. So, we went to the library this morning to make amends. It cost $13.99 - not bad, since I was expecting a lot more. I paid the fine, and the librarian said we get to keep the book. I was hoping for this, because saying goodbye was not going to be pretty. The librarian then proceeds to take a black pen and scribble out the barcode on the back so it can't be returned again, and hands the book back to Dylan. Dylan takes one look at the marred cover, droops his shoulders, and begins to cry. He was devestated.
3 years ago

1 comment:
Sounds familiar.
I'm glad you all survived the questionable BBQ chicken...
Post a Comment