Thursday, October 9, 2008

When the Blessing on the Food Becomes Critical

This might not sound the alarm for anybody but the truly psychotic (a.k.a. me), but while I was preparing dinner tonight, all I kept thinking was, "No worries. The blessing on the food will make everything all right." Here's why I was slightly panicked:

1. The seal on my brand new bottle of A-1 steak sauce was faulty. I normally would toss it, but I was already committed, and totally relying on the prayer.

2. The grill ran out of gas in the middle of cooking my chicken. I did nuke it, but you never know.

3. I opened a new bottle of buttermilk. It was already past the date**, and separated, but when I shook it up it seemed to be okay, except for the minute chunks in it. But it smelled fine.

So, if we all die in the night, you'll know why.

**I'm a big believer that buttermilk never expires, as long as it smells okay.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Brooke will back you on the buttermilk never expiring theory.

Also, the cartoon you posted reminded me of the sneezy nurse at that dinner show. Please stop wiping your nose and then trying to shake my hand.

The Lyman Zoo said...

Is'nt it the same way with sour cream? If it still looks and smells like sour cream, then it's fine!