So as not to die an early death, I am trying to get to the gym in the mornings. The only realistic time for me to go is before my kids get up, which means rising with the rooster. This goes against everything I have practiced for the last 36 years. The biggest problem I have with this? Going to bed early. So, I'm not going to count each time I go to the gym, because that is the icing on the cake, but when I go to bed (lights out) by 10:30 p.m. I figure if I have to be accountable to the 5 people that read this blog, it might motivate me. Also, it's kind of like checking off a list each morning, although I'm not exactly checking off a list, but allowing a calendar to keep tickin'. Psychologically this will be the same to me.
My friend Susan and I tried this "going to bed early" thing a while ago. Whoever did better for the week had to buy the other one lunch. It accomplished the task of seeing each other more and eating lots of tasty food, but we didn't seem to get much more rest. I'm hoping it'll be different this time.
3 years ago

2 comments:
Having to be accountable somewhere is the key, whether it's to two or five or twenty. Good for you. I promise not to call past 10:30 but then again I'm already sleeping by then.
Good luck, I'll be checking up on you.
Post a Comment